Wednesday 3 June 2015

#51/ Cucuron


 

#51/ Cucuron

This is a painting of the pond/water feature/lake at Cucuron. Some may remember the scene in ‘A Good Year’ where Russel Crowe and Marion Cotillard share a romantic moment over dinner by the étang at Cucuron. Well, this is where that scene is filmed. We have been there on a number of occasions for the weekly market, also to eat and to go to the annual fireworks display which is quite beautiful with the fireworks reflected in the lake.
This painting didn’t really come out as I had planned. I don’t know if this is the same for all artists, but to quote the late great BB King… ‘I always hear something in my head that doesn’t sound the same as what comes out of the guitar’. I often (always) feel the same about my painting. The painting I have in my head is never the same as the painting which appears on the canvas in front of me. Whether that is a good thing or not, I am not certain… it worked for BB King.

No comments:

Post a Comment