Thursday 2 July 2015

#58 Glanum


#58 / Glanum

We've been twenty four hours without proper internet use so this is a day later than I had hoped... 
Glanum is a magical place tucked away in a ravine on the road from St. Rémy de Provence to Les Baux de Provence.
I have tried painting the remains of the Oppidum once before but that was after my son was born and I was a little distracted so I never got around to finishing it. Now I live in the same region as this historical site, I have no excuses. I have to say I struggled rather with this one. The tree behind the columns looks like it has been blasted for years by the mistral and I tried to give that impression. I used lots of palette knife work here but with the heat and the flies buzzing at me, I think I wobbled a few times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment